Me: I am a Companion of the Order of the Laurel in the arts of research (reniassance Italian culture; historical keyboard and vocal performance practice) and medieval and renaissance tailoring in the SCA Kingdom of Avacal.
Monna Caterina di Alessandro di Guglielmo Franceschi &c.: A respectable patrician matron of early sixteenth century Florence.
Pier Francesco Moretti: The illegitimate son of Caterina’s husband. He has been sent to sea to try to make his fortune, but may get recalled to Florence to take over the family apothecary business with a sideline in humanism if, as now seems likely, Caterina bears her husband no legitimate children.
House Fines Lames: My SCA household, originally begun in A.S. XXX by Don Thore de Bethune with a focus on rapier fighting, late period costuming, and bardic. Now significantly expanded, and with focuses on costuming and research, bardic, culinary arts, and service. You can find the blogs of certain other members of the household here:
- Tomas de Courcy – Tomas de Courcy
- James Prescott- Renaissance Man – Master Thorvald Grimsson
- Cornelia Juliana – Cornelia Juliana
- Dawn’s Dress Diary – Drifa aet laekjamoti
- Temporally Misplaced – Arnaut de Najac
- Alice Percy of Montengarde – Alice Percy
- The Doom that Came to Cowtown – James the Quixotic
- Brígiða Vadesbana – Brígiða Vadesbana